Thursday, October 30, 2008

My Point of Perspective on Music Downloads

When I think about the idea of free music downloads, at first thought it is great, but looking deeper I see reason for concern. Downloading music from the Internet is a great convenience but in my opinion wrong if the downloads are not paid for. I think that music from sources like itunes are legitimate business and customers at times take advantage of that privilege when they steal the music without paying. The creators of those resources made music available for the artists to bring their music to more people and spread it to the corners of the globe not to take away form. These sources are not there to take away from the artist with free music downloads. Free downloading sources such as limewire, are killing the music industry. Eventually these sources will destroy the recording industry and groups will make money only on their tours and their concerts. As CD's and their album sales fall to even lower sales than they are today. With people downloading these products for free, it is stealing and eventually the artists will not be able to make any more music and will disappear. If I were a music artist I would be almost disgusted with my listeners because they want to listen to my music but without paying me for producing it.

1 comment:

John B. said...

I do not agree with the statement "limewire will kill music industrys," because limewire is not perfect and causes viruses and such. So when people start seeing problems,that they do not feel like dealing with anymore, they will stop. When they stop they will most likely go back to useing Itunes besides taking their time to look at another site. When this happens music industrys will start to gain more and more money, but they will have to deal with taking a big hit in profit right now.